Mexican Chop Salad with a Cilantro Vinagrette
Salads are seriously the perfect thing for summer. Whether it be a small side salad or a big salad that you use as the main course, they always are fresh and filling. This Mexican chop salad is one of my favorites, not only because all the ingredients are southwestern but because I am borderline obsessed with cilantro vinaigrette and you bet this is what I use on this salad!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup pinto beans, cooked and drained
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn, grilled and cut off the cob
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
Combine all the ingredients into a large salad bowl. Dress with the vinaigrette and serve.
- 1 part lemon juice
- 3 parts extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together these ingredients. Adjust seasoning as needed. Use immediately.
Tags: Avocado, Corn, Cucumbers, Pinto Beans, Red Onions, Red Pepper, Romaine, Salad, Tomatoes