Its been a while since I have posted a fantastic new main dish. I decided it was high time that I get my act into gear and come up with something savory, new and a little spicy! Growing up in Arizona we, and by we I mean my mom, were always using Southwestern and Mexican flavors in our dinners. I don’t think we were ever without a bottle of salsa in our house. We were salsa fanatics. It went into everything… pasta, chicken… you name it and we probably once ate it with salsa.
Fresh Pico de Gallo is one of my favorite things to eat and make. Its a quick and simple dip that combines some of my favorite flavors. For this pasta dish I combined fresh homemade pasta with a big bowl of homemade pico de gallo, lime juice, cilantro and some spicy shrimp that packed a serious kick! Not only is this dish an unexpected change to a normal pasta dish but it is sure to clear up any sinuses with all those red pepper flakes.
- 1 lb fresh homemade pasta
- 1 lb peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 1/2 cup fresh pico de gallo
- cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet saute the shrimp with red pepper flakes, olive oil and salt and pepper until the shrimp are pink and perfect. Add the lime juice and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, drain and add to the skillet with the shrimp. Add the pico de gallo, cilantro, salt, pepper and extra lime juice if desired.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!