Let’s make Mini Herb Frittatas!!! They are cute, simple, easy to jazz up with other herbs and totally delish!
Thomas and I have very different work schedules. It’s just the nature of our jobs. He goes into an office daily and I split my time between being in my kitchen, office, satellite office, meetings, other cities/states/countries or my go to coffee shop. Because of my bizarre schedule, we never really get to eat breakfast together. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have a little somethin’ somethin’ prepared. Mini Herb Frittatas have been making an appearance in our kitchen for years. Did you know all-natural eggs have lots of vitamins and minerals, high-quality protein and antioxidants? That’s why I whip them up multiple times a week so we both have a nutritious breakfast without having to make a mess in the kitchen.
I’ll keep a few dozen eggs on hand at all times so I can whip these up at a moments notice. I’m fan of adding basil, goat cheese and Parmesan… but you could really jazz these up with any herbs or cheeses you have on hand. Fontina, chives, cheddar, thyme… they are all equally delicious. Plus being able to swap out a few ingredients here and there keeps these exciting so we never get bored.
I can promise they will be in your regular kitchen rotation as soon as you try them. Plus you can feel great about eating these, not only because they’re nutritious and filled with high-quality protein!
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into a chiffonade
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped basil, crumbled goat cheese and shredded Parmesan and whisk to combine. Transfer the egg mixture into a pourable container.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick baking spray and pour the egg mixture into the muffin tins until each is filled about 3/4th of the way.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the prepared oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until the eggs are completely set.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 2-3 days. If refrigerating, quickly heat each mini herb frittata in a microwave or countertop oven for a few minutes to warm through before serving.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!