There isn’t much in life that doesn’t benefit from the addition of hummus.
Sabra’s hummus to be exact. It doesn’t even matter which flavor you pick – they are all going to be fantastic!
Mini Pizzettes are one of those things! They just get more exciting with a slather of Luscious Lemon Hummus on top. Plus it gives it an extra zing when you bite into it.
You could also use another favorite of mine – Tuscan Garden Hummus. The flavors in both of those options work great for the addition toppings on these Mini Pizzettes!
I like to pile on some roasted red bell peppers, a healthy dose of mozzarella cheese, finely chopped green onions and some thinly sliced red onions. All of those fantastic flavors get piled high onto a toasted mini pita bread and served!
It doesn’t get much easier than that! If you have some leftover hummus, throw it on the table with some crudité and let your friends and family go to town! These are the perfect appetizer for any game day celebration! Whip up a few batches and enjoy them at home, or bring the ingredients to a fun tailgate party and assemble once you arrive! I promise these will disappear before the game even starts!
- 16 mini pita pockets
- 1 tub Sabra Luscious Lemon Hummus
- 1 8 ounce jar Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toast the mini pita pockets in the oven or in a toaster until they are just crispy.
- Remove the pita from the heat and arrange them on a large serving platter.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the Luscious Lemon Hummus on top of each pita pocket.
- Pile on equal amounts of the other ingredients: roasted red peppers, green onions, red onions and finally shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!