I don’t think it’s any secret how much I love mushrooms. I’ve made Mushroom Frittatas, and Mushroom Risotto, and the most delectable Mushroom and Herb Stuffing (which I will absolutely be re-visiting around Thanksgiving time this year). So it comes as no surprise that when I need a super comforting and FAST dinner, it’s all about the mushrooms and the pasta.
This dinner is easily made in about 15 minutes which is pretty perfect considering that it’s officially premier week and I’ve got a lot going on. And by a lot going on, I really mean that I have about 123 shows to watch this week. Terra Nova, Gossip Girl, NCIS, Biggest Loser, The Mentalist, Person of Interest, Real Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy… I mean the list goes on. It’s almost embarrassing to see my DVR at this moment. But whatever, I love my TV. And I love having a big bowl of this pasta while watching it. So pretty much what it boils down to, is that you have to make this. It’s good for your soul. And it’s fast. So if you have a terrible TV addiction like myself, you’ll still have plently of time for all those shows.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb pasta
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of butter over high heat. Sauté the fresh mushrooms for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Stir in the garlic, salt, and pepper, and continue to let cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and almost golden brown. Set aside over low heat to keep warm.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, according to the package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the remaining water. Combine the pasta and the reserved pasta water with the mushroom mixture. Add the remaining tbsp of butter, 1/2 cup of chives and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!