Ladies night. Yup. I’m all about the occasional ladies night.
It basically means that I get to sit in front of the TV and not fight about whether we are watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills or some stupid Lakers game. I mean no offense to the Lakers, but really, there are about 100 games a season. That takes up a lot of time on the TV.
Or I get to watch 5 episodes of Law and Order SVU that I’ve already seen before but feel the need to watch them again. By the way… why do I insist on watching Law and Order SVU all the time. By myself. In the dark. And then I’m scared to walk to my bedroom to go to sleep. Clearly I have issues.
Or I’m able to whip up a dinner that doesn’t consist of any meat (because I have a meat loving fiance).
So yes, I’m all about the ladies night here and there. And more times than not, these Mushroom and Sesame Noodles are my dinner of choice.
They are crazy easy to make, completely satisfying and they taste even better the next day when I’m too lazy to make myself something new for lunch.
So let’s talk more about these noodles. You can use any kind of long noodle you want, but I’ve recently been into quinoa noodles. Whaaaaat? I know, crazy huh. But they are so freaking good. And you seriously can’t even tell the difference. I’m all about the Ancient Harvest kind. They are de-lish! And you can pretty much find them at any run of the mill grocery store. Look for the greenish blue box.
So we’ve got our noodles. Next we are going to need a bunch of mushrooms. I’m a mushroom freak. I love ’em. I would and could eat them every single day if possible. Those shrooms are going to get sauteed in a touch of sesame oil until they are super tender and golden brown.
And then lastly we have the sesame and soy sauce mixture that is going to coat the entire dish. It’s salty and flavorful and I can promise you that you are going to love it. Unless you don’t like sesame oil. Then all bets are off!
Here’s the recipe
- 1 pack quinoa pasta (or regular pasta)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce + 2 tbsp
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 5 tbsp Sesame Oil (make sure not to get the toasted kind), divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Once fully cooked, drain and rinse the pasta under cold water and set it aside.
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, rice vinegar, 3 tbsp sesame oil and olive oil in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients together. Add the pasta and toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, add the remaining sesame oil to the pan over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to the pasta and toss.
- Sprinkle the scallions on top of the pasta and serve.
- This can be served at room temperature or cold.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!