Guess what happens exactly 3 months from today.
omg. Time certainly does fly. It seems like just yesterday that we got engaged. But here we are, 3 months till the wedding, and we are totes jazzed. We’ve been planning up a storm for the past few months and keeping things pretty low key and stress free. We’re a laid back couple and we want our wedding to be fun and playful and memorable for all of our guests.
And while I can’t give away all the details, because what fun would that be, I am going to share some of my latest wedding related obsessions that we are going to incorporate in our big day.
#1 My caterers. Whoa Nelly. These girls are amazing. Let’s just say this… I will absolutely be eating on my wedding day. I don’t understand all these people who keep telling me I won’t eat at my own wedding. ummm hello! Have you met me? I basically think about food 99% of my life. And the other 1% of the time I’m thinking about shoes. I searched high and low for my wedding caterers and I’m thrilled to be working with the Whoa Nelly girls!
#2 Minted.com – basically the best invention ever!! They did our save the dates and wedding invites AND thank you notes and I’m in love with all of them. Would it be weird to frame our save the dates? They are just so bright and cheerful.
#3 Homemade wedding favors. Okay so what do you guys think?!? What would you want to get as a cute gift upon leaving a wedding? I just think something homemade is more special. But let’s hear it… thoughts?
#4 Flowers. So sometimes I wish I was getting married like tomorrow, during the spring, so I could have peonies galore at my wedding because I basically want to live in a field of peonies. But, that’s clearly not happening. The wedding is in August and peonies would probably cost me a small fortune and my mom would not be pleased, so instead I’m obsessing over all sorts of different short arrangements in a color scheme.
#5 Dessert Buffets. Okay are you guys ready for this. I’m totally anti-wedding cakes. I know. It’s a little weird. But I’d much rather get an assortment of cookies, brownies, blondies and other fun creations that are inspired from the farmers market. And let’s just say this… our dessert buffet is going to be insane. I can’t even wait. People are going to freak out.
#6 My wedding planner. She’s a gem. And a life saver. And I’ll be totally honest, I thought I could plan my wedding myself because umm hello, I’m 100% crazy organized, but let me just tell you guys something. Wedding planners make your life so much easier. Peace of mind. Experience. Omg I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing they are. And mine in particular is fab!
#7 Ban.do headpieces. I think I’m going to have to start wearing cool ban.do head pieces weeks before the actual wedding to wear all the ones I’m loving. There are just so many fun ones to choose.
#8 These adorable champagne flutes. Too bad they sold out!
#9 Jars. I’m obsessed. Flowers will absolutely be in mason jars. And jam jars. I’m collection them like whoa… and my house will soon be run over with jars 🙂
#10 Lighting. Who would have ever thought that one would think about lighting?! Clearly not me. But I’m totally in love with these lights. Romantic. Simple. Perfect.
And there you have it!! My latest wedding obsessions 🙂 3 months to go!!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!