I’ve been on the Zucchini Noodle train for the past 2ish years and I have no intention of getting off anytime soon! Plus, using a spiralizer means dinner is ready in just about 10 minutes! Case in point…Parmesan Zucchini Noodles with Mint and Lemon Vinaigrette!
Squash season is here! Zucchini and yellow squash are everywhere you look at the market and they need to be put to good use. Naturally I turned it into zucchini noodles, tossed it with some fresh mint, red pepper flakes and a lemon vinaigrette and called it a day! Serve it alongside some grilled salmon or shrimp and it’s the perfect quick and easy meal that’s HEALTHY!
And if you don’t have a spiralizer – GET ONE IMMEDIATELY! They’ll change your life.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Shaved parmesan cheese to serve
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini and squash into noodles .
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot add the olive oil, onions and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the onion and garlic mixture and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- Dust the top of the noodles with parmesan cheese and fresh mint leaves serve. Toss with a tiny bit of the lemon vinaigrette and serve. Save remaining lemon vinaigrette for another salad.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!