Here’s the deal. Basically I wish I could have each and every one of you over to my house for some cocktails and cookies to celebrate the holiday season. You guys are awesome. For realz. Your comments and enthusiasm for cooking make my day! And you’re funny. And I’m pretty sure we would be friends in real life too. Which is why I’m totally bummed I can’t have a giant party with lots of delicious treats for us to share. So instead, I’m doing the next best thing. What you ask? Well isn’t it obvious? I’m sharing one of my new, but quickly becoming my favorite Christmas cookie and asking you to #PullUpAChair and eat some with me!!
These super chocolatey cookies are laced with peppermint bark. ah-mazing. It’s like a chocolatey cookie with even more chocolate stuffed inside. And the chocolate stuffed inside has peppermints all over it! It’s awesome. You’ve gotta make these. They’ll send your taste buds into overdrive
These peppermint bark cookies are the perfect holiday treat
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped peppermint bark
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel or large sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the butter and white sugar. Beat for 3-5 minutes until light yellow and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat together until everything is incorporated. Scrape down the sides periodically.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and combine until all the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Mix in the chopped peppermint bark.
- Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop, place 12 cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the top of each one with a touch of the fleur de sel and place the baking sheet into the oven. Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack until they are completely cooled. Serve immediately.
CIA Dropout: Walnut Wimpy Balls
And Love It Too: Snowball Cookies (Grain-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegan)
Taste With The Eyes: Olive Oil Oatmeal Cookies (pictured above)
Jones Is Hungry: A Cookie for Chocolate Lovers
From My Corner of Saratoga: Gooey Butter Cookies
The Sensitive Epicure: Speculaas Dutch Windmill Cookies
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Salted Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Fudge
Virtually Homemade: Chocolate Mint Snowballs
Sweet Life Bake: Polvorones de Chocolate
Daily*Dishin: Cherry Topped Cream-Drop Cookies
Thursday Night Dinner: Peppermint Bark Cookies
Dishin and Dishes: Pecan Sandie Thumbprints With Cherry Frosting
Mooshu Jenne: Biscotti
Cooking With Elise: Sweet and Salty White Chocolate Cranberry Oat Cookies
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!