I mean did you really think I would let Christmas come and go and NOT make some kind of slutty brownie to celebrate. I don’t think so!!
So I did something awesome. I made Peppermint Slutty Brownies. Decadent and delicious and super sweet Peppermint Slutty Brownies. Hell yes. These are amazing. You need to make them immediately. Run, don’t walk, to your nearest store and grab some peppermint flavored chocolate oreo type cookies. Trader Joes has a boat load of them right now and they are fantastic! The cream filling is laced with some candy canes and they take the slutty brownies to a whole new, and very festive, level.
I did a quick step by step tutorial too, just in case you needed it!
It seriously doesn’t get more delicious than this…. ready, set, let’s bake!
You’ll need a 9×9 baking pan that’s lined with tin foil.
Spray it with some baking spray.
Line the bottom of the pan with the chocolate chip cookie dough and press it into an even layer.
Next, load it up with a layer for the cookies. Fit as many as you can into one even layer.
Pour the brownie layer on top, and then throw it into the oven.
Once it’s baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 1 hour in the pan.
Once it’s pretty cool, lift up the end parts of the foil and carefully lift it out of the pan. Cut it up and serve up those Slutty slutty brownies
Eat them all yourself or package them up for a friendly and scandalous little gift!
Oh I can’t even begin to tell you how fun these are. I’m totally obsessed. And the peppermint flavor from the cookies gives it an extra layer of amazingness that you basically need to experience immediately!
Merry Christmas guys!! Hope you have an amazing holiday with your loved ones. We’re up in Seattle celebrating with my family and doing a little skiing! xoxo
Slutty Brownies are the most decadent and delicious brownies out there.
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 package of Peppermint Oreo Cookies or Trader Joe Peppermint Joe Joes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For the Brownie layer:
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
- For the Cookie Dough layer:
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan with tin foil and then spray the tin foil with a layer of baking spray.
- Layer the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the slutty brownies.
- Layer as many oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough. No need to overlap. One single layer will do.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer and make sure it's evenly layers on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. If the knife comes out clean, let the brownies rest before serving. If the knife comes out with batter still on it, allow the brownies to bake about 5 minutes more.
I make these from scratch but you can easily make them with boxed brownie mix and pre-made cookie dough!
If you are going for that route, I think Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie dough and Ghiradelli brownie mix works best!