This post has been sponsored by Frito-Lay. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Memorial Day is right around the corner and it’s the kick off party of the summer. Can you tell I’m excited? Summer BBQ’s, grilling, no-cook recipes, pool parties… it’s going to be EVERYTHING! For those of you heading to a memorial day party, here’s a quick dessert hack to wow everyone! Potato Chip + Pretzel Fudge. You’re welcome in advance.
Wavy Lay’s Potato Chip & ROLD GOLD Pretzel Fudge (to be exact) takes about 10 minutes of actual cook time, and then just requires a bit of time to harden in the fridge. It’s loaded with Lay’s Wavy Potato chips to give it that salty and crunchy quality that’s so often missing in fudge. You know when it’s too sweet and needs a little something to counteract all the sugar… well here ya go! It’s sweet AND salty fudge and it couldn’t be easier! Grab a bag of the Lay’s Wavy potato chips for this recipe and you’re ready to go. You could use the regular Lay’s potato chips if you already have some on hand… but I feel like the Wavy ones give it a bit more pizzazz!
Once it’s hardened in the fridge, just pop the fudge out, cut it into 9 big squares, or 36 small squares and head over to a pool party! Just remember to keep it refrigerated before serving because there is NOTHING better than a chilled piece of fudge on a hot summer day. Want some more summer hack recipes – check out the Frito-Lay Summer Hacks Pinterest board! I dare you not to get lost in these!!
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup Lay’s Wavy potato chips, crushed
- 1 cup mini ROLD GOLD pretzels, crushed
- Line a square 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Over low heat, in a medium sized pot, add the chocolate chips and condensed milk and stir with a wooden spoon until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, add the vanilla and stir in ½ cup of the crushed ROLD GOLD pretzels and ½ cup of the crushed Lay’s Wavy potato chips. Pour the fudge mixture into the parchment lined baking pan and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes. While chilling, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave until smooth at 30 second intervals stirring after each interval. Remove the fudge from the fridge. Pour 3/4 of the dark chocolate over the fudge and smooth it out. Scatter the remaining crushed Lay’s potato chips and pretzels on top of the dark chocolate and drizzle the remaining melted dark chocolate to finish. Let set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the fudge into 9 or 16 squares.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!