Can we talk about things that I’m currently obsessing over? Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Pancakes for one. They are amazing. I would eat these for breakfast daily if I could. For reals.
These make for the perfect fall breakfast! Loaded with pumpkin, spices, chocolate chips and then drizzled with tons and tons of maple syrup. It’s everything you’ve ever wanted and more!
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- butter or baking spray for the skillet
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir together to combine and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, vegetable oil and egg.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until everything is just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Heat a griddle or large pan to medium low heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Drop ¼ cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook on the first side until the edges begin to bubble, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip pancake over cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Continue this process to make the rest of the pancakes making sure to lightly spray the pan between each pancake to ensure they do not stick.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with maple syrup and butter if desired.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!