Who watched Beyonce ROCK it last night at the Super Bowl! Omg. She killed it. Best halftime show ever. And Destiny’s Child reunion? I felt like I was reliving my high school days all over again. It was magical.
So now that the Super Bowl is over – it’s time to get ready for the next food related holiday. Valentines Day. And that means one thing. Chocolate. Wine. Chocolate. Sugar.
- 1/4 cup Barefoot Merlot
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Barefoot Merlot
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth. Add the wine and whisk until fully incorporated and remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into a 9x9 tin foil lined baking pan and place it into the oven for 25 minutes and bake until done.
- While the brownies are baking, melt together the semi sweet chocolate and butter for the glaze. Once melted, whisk in the wine and set aside.
- When the brownies are done, let them cool.
- Once cooled, drizzle the glaze over the brownies and spread it on top using an offset spatula.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!