Who watched Beyonce ROCK it last night at the Super Bowl! Omg. She killed it. Best halftime show ever. And Destiny’s Child reunion? I felt like I was reliving my highschool days all over again. It was magical.
So now that the Super Bowl is over – it’s time to get ready for the next food related holiday. Valentines Day. And that means one thing. Chocolate. Wine. Chocolate. Sugar.
I developed this recipe for Barefoot Wine a few weeks back and it’s a keeper. I’m obsessed. I mean what’s better than having a decadent brownie bite and having it taste like wine. It’s brilliant.
What do you do when you have a half a bottle of Merlot leftover? You use it to make brownies, of course! These dark chocolate Barefoot Merlot brownies will surely satisfy any sweet tooth. The combination of dark and semi-sweet chocolate mixed with a luscious cocoa powder will have you and your friends coming back for seconds!
Start by melting the chocolate and butter together in a small saucepot. Once that has melted, add the Barefoot Merlot and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
Add the whisked eggs and continue to stir until the eggs become fully incorporated into the chocolate mixture.
Once the eggs have been added, the mixture should look glossy and smooth.
Add the sugar and vanilla and stir to combine. Follow with the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
Transfer the batter into a foil lined baking pan and then place the pan into the oven to bake.
While the brownies are baking, whisk together the semi sweet chocolate, butter and Barefoot Merlot to make the glaze.
Add the glaze on top of the brownies once they have cooled and enjoy. These brownies are perfect alongside a glass of Barefoot Merlot. The dark chocolate intensifies the flavor of our wine perfectly.
- 1/4 cup Barefoot Merlot
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Barefoot Merlot
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth. Add the wine and whisk until fully incorporated and remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into a 9x9 tin foil lined baking pan and place it into the oven for 25 minutes and bake until done.
- While the brownies are baking, melt together the semi sweet chocolate and butter for the glaze. Once melted, whisk in the wine and set aside.
- When the brownies are done, let them cool.
- Once cooled, drizzle the glaze over the brownies and spread it on top using an offset spatula.