Happy Monday!! I hope you guys all had a fantastic weekend. I had a 24 hour bug on Saturday and felt like I got hit by a car. But thankfully I’m all better. And I’m pretty sure it’s because of these green beans.
I’d like to introduce you guys to the most amazing side dish in the history of side dishes.
Roasted Green Beans with Goat Cheese.
They will change the way you look at green beans. For example, you will want to roast every green bean you come across for the rest of your life and eat them all by yourself. No sharing. No way.
And that’s exactly what I did yesterday. I made a giant batch of these and then proceeded to have a marathon Sons of Anarchy session and eat them all.by.myself.
Do you guys watch Son of Anarchy. I’m gonna be honest, I didn’t think I’d be that into it – but I’m literally hooked. 9 hours straight yesterday. Talk about a marathon SOA session. It was amazing. I couldn’t have asked for a more mind provoking Sunday And let’s just talk about Jax. Jacks? However you spell it, I love him.
I’m equally as obsessed with SOA as I am these green beans. I don’t think I’ll be able to make green beans any other way ever again. It’s just that good.
The goat cheese and the garlic and just icing on the cake too! You should make these every day for dinner. Forever.
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp goat cheese
- lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scatter the trimmed green beans on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and scatter the garlic over the green beans.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 12-15 minutes until the green beans are slightly toasty and tender. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with the goat cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice. Adjust salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately