I am getting more confident with cooking fish… which is great because the family that I personal chef for… LOVES fish. And this dish got rave reviews this past week. Salmon fillets with lime over a bed of Israeli Couscous. Just the name sounds delicious.
- Olive Oil
- 6 fillets of salmon
- 2 Limes plus 1 for garnish
- Garlic Powder
- Butter tabs for the top of the fish
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a glass baking dish and place each salmon fillet in the pan. Squeeze the juice of the limes over the top of all the salmon and then sprinkle with salt, pepper and the garlic powder. Add a pad of butter to the top of each fillet and then cover the dish in foil. Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Once the fish is done it will be served over a bed of Israeli couscous - which you need to try. It is 1000 times better than regular couscous and the individual grains are bigger and so tender once cooked. It's a bit pricey but if you can find it... try it!
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp butter
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups feta cheese
- 1 cup green onions
- In a large pot add the vegetable stock, salt and butter and bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous and cover the pot and let sit for about 15 minutes. The couscous will absorb all of the water, once this has happened stir in the tomatoes, feta and green onions and season with salt and pepper if needed. Transfer the couscous to a large serving platter and place the salmon fillets on top. Serve with wedges of lime.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!