**Giveaway is now closed!! The winner was Kimiko from The Beach Side Baker!**
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Only 2 more days until the big day! I’m excited. I can’t wait to sit in my pajamas all day long and hang with my family. It’s going to be pretty wonderful. We’ll probably end up watching Miracle on 34th street because after all, it’s like the best movie of all time, and then roasting some chickens, making my famous rustic herb stuffing and then eating these delicious morsels for dessert. (and then breakfast the next day – we are total sweet tooth people!)
These Salted Caramel Chocolate Brownies are pretty much the most decadent dessert I’ve made to date. You only need a little square and it will satisfy your sweet tooth. It would also work perfectly as a sweet option for a NYE party!
And before I get to the recipe, I just wanted to say thank you for such an amazing year! I’m so lucky to have such awesome readers here at What’s Gaby Cooking! I love each and every one of you guys. I love hearing your feedback and suggestions and stories about how the recipes are integrating in your lives! So I (along with my mama) wanted to do a little Christmas giveaway! We’re giving away your choice of any custom hand made piece from Fifty One and a Half
All you have to do to win, is hop on over to the Fifty One and a Half shopping page and pick our your favorite piece! Then come on back here and leave me a comment letting me know! And that’s it! You’re entered!
For an extra entry, head on over to the Fifty One and a Half facebook page and become a fan…
And for yet another entry, head on over to your twitter page and tweet this giveaway: I want to win this great handmade ceramic giveaway from @WhatsGabyCookin http://su.pr/2hTG59
And there you have it! We will randomly draw a winner on December 31st and then ship out your handmade ceramics in the new year!
A decadent brownie with a salted caramel topping
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9x9 baking pan with parchment and butter.
- In a large pot over low heat, combine the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt and mix together until the butter has melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and stir constantly until the eggs are incorporated.
- Add in the flour and combine just until the flour is no longer visible.
- Place the brownie batter into the prepare baking tin and bake for 20-22 minutes until the brownies are done.
- Once the brownies have cooled, pour the salted caramel sauce over the top and chill until the caramel is set.
- Slice and serve!
And here’s the link for the salted caramel sauce!