Give me an opportunity to make a Salty and Sweet Snack Board and I’m in! It’s my favorite way to entertain and today is no exception.
We’re T-1 week until Beyonce has a halftime performance and apparently that will be sandwiched between some football – hello Queen B!! One track mind here guys, one track mind. While everyone else in my life will be watching football, I’ll be patiently waiting for her show. But no matter if you’re like me, or you’re normal like the rest of the world and will pay attention to the game, you still need SNACKS! I’m teaming up with Coca-Cola & NABISCO to be a part of the #HomeBowlHeroContest and bring you this board. It’s EVERYTHING and it literally has every single thing you need for game day. Pair it with the ribs I posted last week (link) and it’s game time!
Now let’s talk boards… ever since I did the Bruschetta Bar a few years back, it’s my favorite way to entertain. It requires a few minutes of prep work before the event, but then once all your guests roll in, you can mix and mingle and not worry about a thing because the food is already taken care of and your guests and mix and match different snacks until their stuffed! For Game Day it’s all about the sweet and salty snacks, WHEAT THINS Snacks, TRISCUIT Crackers, cheese, meats, and ALL THE OTHER THINGS so you can snack all day long. An ice cold Coca-Cola goes right along side that and game over! How easy is that?
I know you’re like whaaaaaaat…. Coca-Cola Cookies? What does that even mean? It means EVERYTHING! If you follow along on snapchat, you know I’m always experimenting in the kitchen and I’m on the hunt for the most perfect chocolate chip cookie in the world. A few months back I was at a bakery who used Coca-Cola instead of some of the eggs in their cookie recipe and the result was a majorly moist chewy cookie and I freaked out. Obviously I had to make it at home so I did – after a few rounds of testing, I’m 100% confident to say that it ROCKS! Salted Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies. I mean, you’ll freak. Here’s the recipe:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Maldon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a large stand mixer cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar for 3 minutes until smooth. Add the Coca-Cola, egg and vanilla extract and mix for 1 minute to combine.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed until the flour is just barely combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and coconut mix until the cookie dough ingredients are all incorporated. Cover the dough and transfer to the fridge to let chill for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Drop 2 tablespoon scoops of dough onto a lined baking sheet, 12 cookie dough balls per sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Serve as needed.
PS – If you’re sending out invites to your game day fiesta, check out the Home Bowl website for some fun party ideas!!
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Recipe and Styling by What’s Gaby Cooking
This post is brought to you in collaboration with The Coca-Cola Company and Mondelez Global LLC. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!