Shredded Brussels Sprouts
Today I wanted to share my favorite Brussels Sprouts recipe of all times! It only requires a few ingredients and less than 15 minutes of prepping/cooking time and voila, you have a great side dish that you will not want to share with anyone else! It’s funny that Brussels were always one of those veggies that freaked me out when I was younger. And then, magically, I made them one time in culinary school and have since become a Brussels Sprouts lover. The key is cooking them properly and adding lots of great flavors that enhance the dish! And you know what makes these veggies even better, the addition of pancetta, lemon juice, Parmesan and garlic. Shredded Gruyere is another great cheese you can use to finish this dish!
Brussels Sprouts are popping up all over the markets so just a quick tip – try to pick out the smaller ones, and their leaves should be tightly packed together.
|Shredded Brussels Sprouts |
Recipe Type: Side Dish
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 2 lbs Brussels Sprouts, shredded
- 4 oz pancetta, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the bottom of the Brussels Spouts off and discard. Shred the remaining part of the Brussels Sprout either in a food processor or by slicing thin strips with a knife. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet warm the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the pancetta and saute until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove the browned pancetta and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the same skillet and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the shredded Brussels Sprouts and saute for about 8 minutes until the leaves are tender. Add the juice of a lemon, Parmesan cheese, the crisped pancetta and mix around. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tags: brussels, brussels sprout, Brussels Sprouts, brussels sprouts recipes, cooking, favorites, flavorful, Lemon, lemon juice, Lemons, nature, Pancetta, Parmesan, shredding