Did everyone have a fabulous Thanksgiving and stuff themselves silly? Well I sure did. And it was glorious. I ate my weight in potatoes and I don’t regret it one little bit.
And I’m ready to hit the holidays hard. For me, that means a few things:
- baking. lots and lots of baking. the amount of baking going on in my kitchen this week scares me. someone send taste testers.
- It’s time to throw some parties. Complete with lots of fun cocktails and cocktail dresses. And fabulous shoes. Obviously.
- slow cooker meals. hell yes. Isn’t it the best when you can just throw stuff in a pot and come back 8 hours later to dinner?
- shopping!! oh absolutely. I can’t even wait. I haven’t bought any new lululemon gear in over 9 days – and that needs to change immediately.
But let’s tackle one thing at a time. Baking. How about we start with these s’more scones? I think it’s a good place to begin.
These are pretty epic. Especially when served for breakfast, still warm, with a little bit of strawberry preserves on the side. I fully endorse a little treat like this before you start your day. It’s the holidays after all, and we’ve got all of January to recover from the holiday baking season, am I right?
I’ve been a scone fan for a number of years now. There are a multitude of scone recipes on this site and today, I’m adding to that! These s’more scones are exactly what they sound like. I substitute a little bit of the flour for some pulverized graham crackers. It’s the right thing to do. And then I toss in a handful of chocolate chips and marshmallows. The marshmallows toast up just the right amount in the oven and come out looking gorgeous.
I don’t know about you, but we have a few rounds of house guests coming to stay with us over the next 2-3 weeks, and these will totes be making an appearance on the breakfast table while our guests are here.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup graham crackers, pulvarized
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix together with a fork.
- Add the marshmallows and chocolate chips and stir everything together. Add the heavy cream to the dry mixture and combine together with a fork until everything loosely holds together.
- Using your hands, form large mounds out of the dough, about 1/4 cup of dough for each scone. Place the scones onto a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 45 minutes before baking.
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 13-15 minutes until fully baked. Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
- They are extra delicious if you serve them with a spoonful of nutella or strawberry jam.