Did everyone have a fabulous Thanksgiving and stuff themselves silly? Well I sure did. And it was glorious. I ate my weight in potatoes and I don’t regret it one little bit.
And I’m ready to hit the holidays hard. For me, that means a few things:
BAKING. lots and lots of baking. the amount of baking going on in my kitchen this week scares me. someone send taste testers.
It’s time to throw some PARTIES. Complete with lots of fun cocktails and cocktail dresses. And fabulous shoes. Obviously.
SLOW COOKER meals. hell yes. Isn’t it the best when you can just throw stuff in a pot and come back 8 hours later to dinner?
SHOPPING!! oh absolutely. I can’t even wait. I haven’t bought any new lululemon gear in over 9 days – and that needs to change immediately.
These are pretty epic. Especially when served for breakfast, still warm, with a little bit of strawberry preserves on the side. I fully endorse a little treat like this before you start your day. It’s the holidays after all, and we’ve got all of January to recover from the holiday baking season, am I right?
I’ve been a scone fan for a number of years now. There are a multitude of scone recipes on this site and today, I’m adding to that! These s’more scones are exactly what they sound like. I substitute a little bit of the flour for some pulverized graham crackers. It’s the right thing to do. And then I toss in a handful of chocolate chips and marshmallows. The marshmallows toast up just the right amount in the oven and come out looking gorgeous.
I don’t know about you, but we have a few rounds of house guests coming to stay with us over the next 2-3 weeks, and these will totes be making an appearance on the breakfast table while our guests are here.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup graham crackers, pulvarized
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix together with a fork.
- Add the marshmallows and chocolate chips and stir everything together. Add the heavy cream to the dry mixture and combine together with a fork until everything loosely holds together.
- Using your hands, form large mounds out of the dough, about 1/4 cup of dough for each scone. Place the scones onto a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 45 minutes before baking.
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 13-15 minutes until fully baked. Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
- They are extra delicious if you serve them with a spoonful of nutella or strawberry jam.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!