ASPARAGUS PIZZA!! It’s happening.
Not that we ever need an excuse for pizza night – but if we did, I think summer produce is enough of an excuse! All the vegetables available at the market these days gives me endless inspiration for pizza and this Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza is the latest and greatest in my kitchen!
I’ve been busy working on a secret pizza project that’s coming your way this fall – so pizza is ON MY MIND! I dream about it, I think about it when I’m eating breakfast, I’m constantly brainstorming new ways to eat one of my favorite foods. And while I can’t share the details on what’s happening this fall quite yet… I can continue to bring epic pizza pies to your kitchen like this one! Asparagus Pizza. Heck yes.
This Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza is loaded with a roasted garlic paste, fresh mozzarella and tallegio cheese (which will change your life if you’ve never tried it – it’s basically on the same level as burrata) and then topped with farmers market veggies including asparagus and snap peas! It’s perfect and refreshing and clean.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Pizza Dough
- 5-6 asparagus stalks, cut into small pieces
- 1-2 cups Taleggio cheese, shredded
- 1 large ball fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1 cup arugula
- Handful of snap peas, opened and separated
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- Pinch chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees F. Trim the top of the head of garlic to expose the tops of the garlic cloves. Place the head of garlic on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap the head of garlic up in the foil and transfer to the oven to roast for 40 minutes. Once soft, remove the head of garlic from the oven and carefully pop out the individual garlic cloves into a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil, lemon zest red pepper flakes and the parmesan cheese. Mash the mixture together with a fork and use as needed for the pizza.
- Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel. Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be heated, use a spoon to spread the roasted garlic paste all around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust.
- Top each pizza with the shredded cheese, fresh mozzarella, and asparagus.
- Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is perfect.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with the split snap peas and a few pieces of arugula. Season with salt and pepper and additional red pepper flakes if needed slice and serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!