Giant loaded bowls of super foods have become a specialty of mine – and this Southwestern Sweetpotato Quinoa Bowl totally fits the bill!
Jam-packed with quinoa, feta, roasted California sweetpotatoes, kale, black beans, avocado and a cilantro vinaigrette make this the perfect lunch or dinner, or both! I’m all about keeping things easy this summer, so making a giant salad for myself for lunch that can double as dinner when Thomas gets home is my kinda meal! Plus I keep my cilantro vinaigrette in the fridge on a weekly basis so it makes things quite easy when it’s time to put the salad together!
And let’s not forget that this is totally bikini body friendly! Which is exactly what I need after a decadent 2 weeks in Europe! Bring on the super foods, vitamins, minerals and all the other fantastic things that come alongside all the California sweetpotatoes and other ingredients in this salad! Recipe below… happy cooking! Want more recipes featuring CA Sweetpotatoes – be sure to check out their instagram for delicious ideas!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bunch kale, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Avocados
- 1 14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Kosher salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 medium California sweetpotatoes (about 1½ pounds), sliced into small, ¼-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss together the cubed California sweetpotatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin and paprika. Once coated, evenly distribute the sweetpotatoes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the California sweetpotatoes into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes until they are fork tender.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Toss the kale, olive oil, lime juice and salt in a large bowl and then add small groupings of the avocados, quinoa, black beans, cotija and sweetpotatoes. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and serve alongside the cilantro vinaigrette.
** This post is brought to you by California Sweetpotatoes. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!