One of my favorite people on earth always posts about the most delicious sounding salmon burgers and each and every time I’m tempted to get on a plane to Seattle and go visit. Seeing as how that’s not always possible, I took her recipe and gave it a whirl in my kitchen! Spiced Salmon Burgers coming your way!
What’s your guys favorite kind of fish? Mine is for sure Salmon – which I think might be quite obviously given the amount of times it pops up here on What’s Gaby Cooking. It’s so versatile, works with a number of different toppings and you can keep it whole / grill it / bake it / sear it, or chop it up and make it into salmon burgers!
Summer is burger season and these salmon burgers are pretty much healthy (minus the bun). They’re topped with avocado (naturally), pickled red onions for a zip and a harissa mayo because I wanted to be fancy. You could use any aioli rather than a mayo if that’s more your jam! Throw it all on a brioche bun and invite some friends over!
- 2 pounds Salmon, skinned and de-boned
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 6 brioche buns
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Pickled red onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons harissa paste
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- Combine garlic, mayo, harissa paste and lemon juice/zest and mix to combine. Taste and adjust lemon as needed. Set aside.
- Preheat an indoor grill pan to medium heat.
- Using a large sharp knife, finely dice the salmon. Place in a large bowl. Add the green onions, cilantro, parsley, jalapeño, eggs, olive oil and salt and mix to combine.
- Gently mix in the panko bread crumbs to the salmon, and form 6 patties. Transfer patties to the grill and grill the for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Generously spread the bottom buns with the harissa mayo and then put the burger on the bottom bun. Pile the Burger with layers of avocado and pickled red onions.
- Top with the other half of the bun and enjoy immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!