With only 2 days until Christmas, it’s time to break out the booze! Spiced Wine here we come!
It’s not really Christmas until someone breaks out the spiced wine and someone drinks a few too many glasses and wakes up with a major hangover. That’s what Christmas is all about right? I’m kidding. Really, no one likes a hangover. But I can guarantee you that people are going to like this spiced wine.
It’s like sangria, but for winter. And I’m on board. 100%
Plus it doubles as a way to get warm – and for anyone that lives anywhere (except Southern California and Florida) that is a necessity.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!! Merry Merry
- 2 bottles (750ml each) of red wine
- ¾ cup apple cider
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 oranges, sliced into rounds
- 2 lemons, sliced into rounds
- 2 star anise
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
- ½ cup brandy
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and place over medium-low heat.
- Heat the mixture for 60 minutes, making sure not to bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the flavors have come together, strain out the spices and reserve the citrus rounds for serving.
- Serve the warmed wine with a round of lemon and a round of orange.
Tags: Cinnamon Spiced Wine, Holiday Spiced Wine, Mulled Wine, Spiced Wine