I’m in full on spring mode over here in Los Angeles. The farmers market is off the charts and I couldn’t be happier. Obviously that calls for some celebrating in the form of Spring Pea Pasta with Burrata!
What more could you want besides carbs, burrata, fresh bright green peas and some lemon zest to tie it all together. Trust me – you guys won’t want to miss this one. But first I have to give you a quick backstory. When I first moved to LA after college I was OBSESSED with decking out my super tiny kitchen with all the best cooking supplies. My kitchen was tiny… we called it a one-butt kitchen, as there was only room for one of us. If I was in there, there was no chance I’d let Thomas in and vis-versa.
Anyways, I’d frequent Williams Sonoma and Crate and Barrel on the regular and spend my entire paycheck on pots and pans, knives, serving platters etc… you get the idea. I remember the first time I discovered ceramic non-stick cookware and it changed my life in a matter of hours. And funny enough, it was a GreenPan skillet and it was about 9 years ago (omg I can’t believe I graduated college 9 years ago!).
My obsession has been going strong ever since and when GreenPan approached me for this celebration, in honor of their 10th anniversary, it was a no-brainer. I was already super familiar with the brand and used it religiously. It’s the best. Plus, this ceramic non-stick is derived from natural materials like sand, guaranteeing NO toxins end up in your food even at high temperatures. Which is great news and something I know you guys care about since EVERYONE always asks on snapchat!
The material never blisters, peels or flakes off into your food and it puts all other non-stick to shame. I’m 100% certain it would make you a professional omelette maker in no time. The Thermolon TM ceramic naturally holds heat like a champ and it’s environmentally responsible as 60% less CO2 is emitted during the curing phase when it’s being made. Okay, by now you get the idea. It’s a game changer and I can’t get enough. And I feel the exact same way about this Spring Pea Pasta with Burrata!! So let’s kick off this celebration with a killer recipe that I know you’ll love!
- 1 pound fresh shelled spring peas
- 1 pound small tube-shaped pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 6-ounce ball burrata cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Small handful of pea tendrils to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the peas and boil gently until almost tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, or spider, remove the peas from the boiling water and rinse under cold water in order to cool completely.
- To the same boiling water, add the pasta and cook according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, make the pea sauce.
- Place a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, shallot and red pepper flakes and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the butter and cook for about 1 minute more. Add the peas and stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and add the mint. Taste and season adjust salt and freshly ground black pepper as needed.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the skillet with the peas. Stir together. Add the parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest tossing gently to incorporate cheese. Break the burrata up into small pieces and dot the top of the skillet with it and garnish with extra mint leaves and pea tendrils. Serve immediately.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling and recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
** This post is brought to you by GreenPan. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!