With Summer right around the corner, I figured we should make Strawberry Basil Lemonade? It’s happening – you guys will love it!
Strawberry Basil Lemonade was basically the first drink recipe I ever post on WGC and it’s been my most requested drink ever since. It’s a refreshing blend of homemade lemonade that gets fresh strawberries and basil pureed into the mixture. Depending on who’s enjoying this with me, I’ll add a glug or two of gin or just leave it non-alcoholic and enjoy it over some ice. Either way, it’s the best drink out there and you should probably be drinking this over the weekend.
So your weekend plans should now include grabing some lemons, strawberries and a handful of fresh basil and making some cocktails or mocktails!
- 10 lemons, juiced, about 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup super fine sugar
- 4 cups water
- 8-10 strawberries, tops removed
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup gin or vodka (optional)
- Juice the lemons and transfer the juice into a large pitcher.
- Add the sugar and the water and stir to combine and dissolve the sugar.
- Add the strawberries and basil.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture for about 20 seconds just until the mixture turns pink and the basil is finely chopped.
- Add alcohol if desired. Serve over crushed ice and enjoy!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!