This past weekend I was running around like a crazy person working on different menus for upcoming events, volunteering for a big food and wine festival, and doing some serious planning and research for my best friends bachelorette party in a few short weeks. (Speaking of which, does anyone have any favorite wineries in the Paso Robles area in CA?!?) Then I really went off the deep end and then decided to throw an impromptu dinner party for 25 people. After shopping, prepping and making sure all the savory dishes were ready to go I was left with about 7.75 minutes to whip up a quick dessert. Needless to say I was in a serious crunch for time!
This strawberry fool is literally fool proof. It takes exactly 7.5 minutes to make (so I ended up throwing it all together just in time) and is a light and sweet way to end any summer time meal.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, trimmed and hulled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Chambord (a raspberry flavored liquor)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small food processor, pulse the strawberries, 2 tbsp of sugar, and the liqueur. Once pureed, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream with the remaining sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. Fold in the strawberry mixture. Transfer mixture to a large piping bag and pipe the mixture into 4 serving bowls. Top with extra strawberries and mint before eating.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!