These Tabasco Chicken Burgers are going to knock your socks off! Literally, they pack a bit of a punch!
Okay promise you won’t judge me if I tell you something. I refuse to make burgers of any kind unless I can find these really beautiful sexy buns from my favorite bakery.
First, yes buns can totally be sexy.
Second, these buns are just waaaaay better than ordinary buns from the market. Plus they photograph so well!
I’ve started buying all of them every time my bakery has them in stock – and then freezing them for whenever I need them. I’m fairly certain I have at least 3 bags of buns in my freezer at this moment. Food Blogger issues at its finest!
For my last recipe in the 10 Ingredient Tabasco Challenge, I whipped up a batch of Tabasco Chicken Burgers. They are beyond simple but they are also gorgeous, flavorful, and perfect for a weeknight meal.
Given the restrictions with this challenge, these only have a few key ingredients – ground chicken, green onions, Tabasco, and salt! And then you serve them with lettuce and tomato. And depending on if you’re doing low carb or not – you can add a bun in there too
Technically the bun isn’t essential – so I’m counting it as a garnish. If you’re low carb, just wrap these up in some beautiful Bibb lettuce and serve them lettuce wrap style! Then you’ll be within the 10-ingredient challenge too!
These burgers make me very happy! Add some extra Tabasco on top right when you’re done cooking it and just let is seep into the meat and give you an extra zing when you bite into these luscious burgers.
- 1 pound ground Chicken
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 10 dashes Original Tabasco, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- To assemble you’ll need: Buns, Lettuce and Tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken green onions and Tabasco. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Using your hands, gently mix all the ingredients together until they are evenly combine and then divide the mixture into 4 equal sections.
- Form 4 patties of equal size with your hands and then set aside.
- Heat a large heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat. Place the burgers in the skillet once it’s hot and cook for 4-5 minutes on one side, and then carefully flip and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes more on the other.
- When the burgers are almost done, give them an extra dash or two of Tabasco and then remove them from the heat.
- Assemble the burgers either lettuce wrap style with the lettuce of your choice and sliced tomatoes – or pile them up on a bun and dig in.