Thai Chicken Coconut Curry!! Get hungry guys, you’re going to be obsessed.
It’s almost that time guys. Time when it’s too hot to really cook and I take it outside to the grill or really rev up the use of things like my All-Clad Prep&Cook!! Remember the Prep&Cook from a few weeks ago? The All-Clad Prep&Cook is an all-in-one-appliance that revolutionizes cooking and replaces almost all of your kitchen gadgets.
You can use it to make sauces, soups, simmered stews, steamed veggies, pastries and desserts. We’ve used it here on WGC to make hummus AND banana bread – both total winners if I do say so myself. Today it’s all about Thai Chicken Coconut Curry because Thomas has been traveling for work and I’ve become obsessed with cooking something once or twice a week and then eating it for leftovers all week long. Cat lady single lady status is in full effect. And this Thai Chicken Coconut Curry is PERFECT for that.
For this recipe I cooked some cubed chicken breasts off until they are fully cooked and then the Prep&Cook does the rest of the work for me. All the chopping, simmering, cooking, you name it. All the ingredients go into the mixing bowl, where they are then finely chopped, simmered (things are going to start to smell really good at this point) and then the chicken goes in towards the end and everything comes together perfectly. I serve it up over a bed of rice or quinoa (which I also make in bulk) and some limes because that really just amps up the flavor! Make it! You won’t be disappointed. If you’re around later today I’ll be whipping it up over on snapchat so come hang out! xx
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Lime juice to taste
- Green Onions to garnish
- Cilantro to garnish
- White Rice for serving
- Combine the chicken, coconut milk, lime juice, and spices in a bowl. Marinate overnight.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and its marinade to the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Place the onion, garlic and ginger in the bowl fitted with the ultrablade knife and mix at speed 11 for 10 seconds.
- Replace the ultra blade knife with the mixer. Add the vegetable oil and launch the P1 simmer program.
- At the end of the program, add the diced tomatoes, chicken stock, coconut milk, tomato paste and salt. Launch the P2 simmer program. After 5 minutes, add the cooked chicken and any reserved juices from the skillet and resume the program. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Taste, adjust seasoning as needed, add lime juice as needed. Serve over rice with cilantro and green onions and extra lime wedges.
** This post is brought to you by All-Clad. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!