Now that Thanksgiving is just a day away, and turkeys are most likely chilling in their brine, pie crusts have been made and chilled, wine has been bought and is just waiting to be opened and we are all ready to eat, I wanted to squeeze in one last side dish recipe that would make an excellent and bright addition to your feast! These Thyme and Honey Roasted Carrots are wonderful! The honey glaze give them just that extra bit of sweetness and makes them irresistible! And they are my contribution to this weeks Fall Fest with Food Network and Cooking Channel!
And a quick and exciting aside, check out my first post on the Food Network Blog, FN Dish, as a featured contributor! I’ll be posting there a few times a month with great ideas and tips for throwing Simple Soirées!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bunches carrots (about 2 pounds)
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the carrots, onion and thyme and toss to coat in the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and transfer the skillet, carrots and all into the oven, and roast for 15 minutes until the carrots are fork tender.
- Once the carrots are tender, remove the skillet from the oven and place it back onto the stove top. Drizzle the honey over the carrots and toss gently to coat. (BE CAREFUL not to touch the skillet - it's HOT - and I've burned myself more time that I care to remember)
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Be sure to check out my fellow Fall Fest Bloggers and see what they’ve whipped up this week:
Thursday Night Dinner: Pickled Carrots
Virtually Homemade: Roasted Red Onions and Carrots With Pomegranate Gremolata
Haute Apple Pie: Carrot, Apple and Radicchio Slaw
Glory Foods: Honey-Carrot Bread
Daily*Dishin: Carrot Cake Hawaiian-Style
FN Dish: Quick Carrot Sides for Thanksgiving
Cooking With Elise: Spiced Carrot Marmalade
Dishin and Dishes: Roasted Honey Balsamic Glazed Carrots
Daydreamer Desserts: Carrot Cheesecake
Mooshu Jenne: Apple and Carrot Hearts Salad
The Sensitive Epicure: Maple Bourbon Glazed and Braised Carrots
Daydreamer Desserts: Carrot Martini