Happy Tuesday everyone! It feels so good to be home after so much travel the last few weeks. One of my favorite things about coming home is opening all my mail. Is that totally lame of me? I just kinda love to see what came while I was away. I’m also an obsessive organizer and the fact that my mail is sitting in the mail box for a week straight seriously gives me the heebie jeebies. Those things need to be filed and dealt with immediately. That’s my obsessive type A personality in full force.
This past trip was 8 days long, so when I got home there was tons of mail to be opened. Lots of boring bill stuff and then there was this…
The first cookbook from my friend Lori, over at Recipe Girl!! It’s a beauty and I’m so proud of her.
This cookbook is seriously packed with gorgeous photography, amazing food styling and a whole bunch of new recipes (195 total) that are going to keep you busy in the kitchen. Lori’s a busy mom with an amazing website so her recipes are super family friendly and nothing is crazy complicated, which is exactly how I like to cook!
When first flipping through The Recipe Girl Cookbook, this Tomato Mascarpone Risotto was calling my name. I’m a bit of a risotto spazz if you will. I’ll eat it at every opportunity I get. It’s too good to pass up so I was pumped to try Lori’s recipe, especially when it had Mascarpone in it. I was sold. The final product…. delish. I literally wanted to lick my plate clean, and would have totally done so if Thomas hadn’t been in the same room as me. I mean I’ve got to stay a little classy even though we’re married now right?
It even has some shredded zucchini in it, so I felt like I was getting some veggies along with my creamy risotto.
And let’s do a little giveaway! What do you think!?
One lucky reader will get a copy of Lori’s Recipe Girl cookbook! You’ve got 1 week to enter.
All you have to do is leave a comment on this post telling me what you’re most looking forward to about Summer!
I’m counting down the days until I can have a pool day and that’s what I’m most excited about. Also… watermelon. I am craving some serious watermelon salads with mint and feta and some herbs. So weigh in below and let me know and you could win one of Lori’s new books just in time for all that summer entertaining!
And here’s the link to hop on over to Amazon and order The Recipe Girl Cookbook You guys will totally love it!
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED – CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER SADIE!! Please email me within 48 hours to get your book 🙂
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about ½ large)
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese (see Tips)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine the broth and tomato sauce and heat over low heat until just
- warmed, 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the zucchini and garlic and continue to cook, stirring, until those are softened too, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is glossy in appearance, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the wine, stir and let the liquid evaporate.
- Stir in the salt. Add the warmed tomato broth ½ cup at a time, stirring occasionally. When the broth has just about been completely absorbed by the rice, add another ½ cup. Continue to cook and stir and add broth in ½ cup increments until all of the broth has been absorbed and the risotto is tender, but still firm to the bite, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the cheese, basil and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!