This past weekend I had a little bit of time on my hands so I decided to do a bit of baking. I don’t usually do a lot of baking, especially during the summer, but I found this recipe and I just had to try these!
These double chocolate chip cookies are so decadent it is hard to eat more than one at a time. But they are delicious – so they are worth a try!
- 2 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Put 2/3 cup of chocolate chips in a double boiler. Melt the chocolate and then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a mixer combine the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Slowly add the melted chocolate until fully combined. Next add the egg and vanilla. Once combined, slowly add the flour mixture until it is combined. Finally add the remaining chocolate chips.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop 1/4 cup worth of dough and place onto the baking sheet. (about 6 cookies per sheet) Bake the cookies for 16-18 minutes and remove. Let cool on a cooling rack and then devour!!!!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!