Raise your hand if you braved or are planning on braving the mall today?
Big hats off to you guys. I’m steering clear and staying home. Okay, maybe I’ll venture to Lululemon, because I literally cannot live another day without these red pants, but I don’t think I could brave the mall if I tried. It’s just too much for me. Instead I’m going to stay home and play in the kitchen and eat cookies and leftovers.
We’ve got thanksgiving leftovers to tackle and I have a cheesy treat for ya today. Turkey Spaghetti Bake. It’s obsession worthy and you’re gonna love it. Plus you probably have almost everything you need on hand at home!
This Turkey Spaghetti Bake recipes comes from one of my friends first cookbook! Jenny from Picky Palate has an amazing blog that is stuffed to the brim with fun recipes that will please even the pickiest eater. Her first cookbook just came out a few weeks ago and as I was browsing through it, I couldn’t help but drool over the Chicken Spaghetti Bake recipe. While Jenny calls for chicken in this recipe, I decided to use some shredded turkey because we all probably have a whole lotta that laying around today and this weekend. The result was a cheesy delicious treat. I threw some extra fresh mozzarella on top because it seemed like a perfectly acceptable thing to do and when I served this for dinner the other day, everybody loved it! It reminds me a lot of the spaghetti bake my mom used to make us as kids. I loved it then and I totally still love it now!
But let’s get back to the book for a hot second. Jenny’s recipes are fab. And the book is gorgeous!! She has recipes for all meals of the day and a ton of sweet treats that will make any sweet tooth loving person swoon. It’s available here on Amazon if you want to hop over and grab a copy for yourself! It would be a fun gift for anyone who loves to cook too!
And because, what’s a Black Friday without a fun little giveaway, I’m giving away 1 copy here too!! Just leave a comment below telling me what you’re favorite thing is to make with thanksgiving leftovers and you’ll be entered to win!! I’ll randomly pick the winner next Friday and they’ll be announced here and notified by email!!
So hop to it! Leave Jenny some love below and then make this Turkey Spaghetti Bake!
- 1 lb thin spaghetti noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey (or chicken)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (I used little fresh mozzarella balls)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Break the pasta in half and cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the chicken, cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and italian seasoning and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the sauce and stir.
- Transfer the chicken and pasta mixture to the baking dish and top with the parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!