I have a thing for cookies. I like them fresh. I like them frozen. I like them on lollipops. I like them raw. I like them as pretty much anything. So I thought it would be cute to bake them in muffin tins so I could have bite sized cookie muffins and give them away as little holiday gifts!
You could really make these with any kind of cookie dough, but I wanted to try out these White Chocolate and Caramel Cookie Muffins that I had been imagining. I don’t know, but something about caramel and white chocolate just makes my mouth water! And these cookies didn’t disappoint!
Once you have the dough made and places into the muffin tins, you just stick a little chunk of caramel in the middle and press down and cover it with more dough. This makes the caramel a nice little surprise when you bite into them!
- 1 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups AP flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup caramels, chopped into 1/2 in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini muffin tins with baking spray.
- In a large mixer beat together the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and beat until combine. Add the vanilla extract and combine. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the sifted ingredients into the mixer and combine until everything is mixed well. Turn the mixer on the slowest speed and add the white chocolate chunks. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours before baking.
- Using a 1 inch scoop, scoop the dough into the mini muffin tins. Press 1 of the caramels into the muffin center and cover with the dough. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Transfer cookie muffins from baking sheet to drying rack until cooled.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!