What’s something that you can bring to a cookie swap, gift your neighbors and send to your extended family across the country? White Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti obviously!
My grandparents are obsessed with biscotti! Each and every year they get a package from yours truly with a big fat bow on it and this White Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti inside. It last them for weeks and it’s fun to sprinkle a little bit of Gaby on their day even though I’m an entire country away in LA when they are in Florida!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a heavy baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside. In a mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest and salt. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in the cranberries and 1/2 of the white chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a 12-inch long, 3-inch wide log on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Place the log on the cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the biscotti on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti again, for 15 minutes, until they are golden brown. Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate chips in a double boiler. Dip the bottom of the biscotti in the white chocolate and let chocolate cool and set.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!