Ok, zucchini noodles! Where have you been my whole life? Recently I’ve been having a love affair with my vegetable spiralizer and making zucchini noodles left and right. I can’t be stopped.
This time I’ve added some grilled shrimp and my all time favorite basil dressing along with some gorgeous cherry tomatoes.
This is a quintessential summer main course, chock full of fresh vegetables and herbs, so delicious! And pretty much guilt free!! Bikini season here I come!
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound shrimp (26 – 30 count, peeled and de-veined)
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 medium-sized zucchinis
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat and add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp for 6 – 8 minutes until fully cooked and pink, and add two heaping spoonfuls of the basil vinaigrette into shrimp and toss to combine. Transfer seasoned shrimp to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Using a vegetable spiralizer, cut zucchini into noodles. Add zucchini noodles to the same pan used for the shrimp and sauté for 60 seconds over medium heat until just tender. Season the zucchini noodles with salt and pepper and then toss with an additional spoonful of the basil vinaigrette. Turn heat off.
- Toss seasoned shrimp with the zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!