Guys. Prepare your zucchini noodle loving selves… things are about to get even better because Zucchini Pad Thai is going to be your new go-to.
I’ve been obsessed with veggie noodles, zucchini in particular, for the past few years. Come summer time I think we have them for dinner on average 3-4 times a week. It’s the perfect way to keep things light and flavorful. If you’ve been around What’s Gaby Cooking a while, you’ve seen that you can also do sweet potatoes noodles too. I know, mind blown. Literally you can do just about anything with the right spiralizer and news flash – there’s a new spiralizer in town and everyone is going to freak out.
The BELLA Electric Spiralizer is quite possibly my new favorite kitchen tool. It features a rotating blade system that creates 4 different shapes: ribbons, linguine, spaghetti and fettuccine AND the best part about the entire thing is that it’s one-touch and has an automatic moving blade so you can make all your veggie noodles hands-free. Brilliant. I’m obsessed. Thomas thinks I’ve lost my mind because I’ve been spiralizing everything that comes into my kitchen. Zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers, onions, you name it. There’s no end in sight ever since the BELLA Electric Spiralizer came into my life!! You need it!
Okay – so…. if you’re equally as obsessed with spiralizing all things, then you’re going to want to make this Zucchini Pad Thai immediately. It’s everything that you’d want in a summer main course. It’s loaded with veggies, a crazy delicious sauce and tons of fresh herbs on top! Trust me, you need it.
- 4 ounces pad thai noodles
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red pepper
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup assorted herbs, cilantro, green onions, and basil, torn
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- Place the uncooked noodles in a bowl of cold water to soak.
- Spiralize the zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, onion and carrots into noodle-like shapes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Add the veggies - stir fry with tongs for 60 seconds. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan. Drain the noodles - they should be softened by now.
- Add the noodles to the hot pan and stir fry for a minute, using tongs to toss. Add the sauce and stir fry for another minute or two, until the sauce is starting to thicken and stick to the noodles. Toss everything around with the tongs.
- Add in the vegetables, toss together, and remove from heat. Stir in the peanuts and herbs and serve immediately.
** This post is brought to you by BELLA Electric Spiralizer. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!