Risotto is one of those fabulous dishes that you really have to make with love. It’s not the kind of thing you can just throw on the stove and walk away and dinner will be done in 30 minutes. It takes lots of attention, love and cheese. Well, I like to add cheese to just about everything… so cheese is the perfect way to finish the dish. It’s no wonder that I love to make risotto for my clients when there is an important dinner. And this past week was no exception. I picked up a bunch of big zucchinis from my farmers market so I could make something perfectly seasonal and delicious. The result – this creamy Zucchini Ribbon Risotto. I finished it with a big dollop of Marscapone Cheese to give it just the right creamy texture and a healthy sprinkle of flaky salt to highlight all the flavors.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced (or 1 medium onion)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup dry White Wine
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup Marscapone Cheese
- 2 medium Zucchini, cut into ribbons with a peeler
- 2 tbsp Basil (for garnish)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute more. Add the Arborio rice to the skillet, making sure to stir it around in the olive oil so that each granule is coated with it, and toast it for about 3 minutes. Next add the white wine and stir the rice. Wait until all the wine has been absorbed and then start adding the chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time, making sure not to add more until the previous addition has been absorbed. Once the rice is just tender, add the Parmesan and Marscapone cheese and combine. Add the zucchini ribbons and carefully combine into the risotto so they just barely cook down in the last minute of cooking. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper as well as the basil and serve.
Tags: Cheese, creamy, delicious, fresh, marscapone cheese, Marscapone Risotto, Olive Oil, parmesan cheeses, ribbon, Risotto, Summer Food, Zucchini