You guys. I’m pumped.
First, because today I’ll be on TV!! Tune into the Hallmark Channel this morning to see me whipping up some of my fav avocado dishes from Absolutely Avocados! I had the best time on there with Mark and Christina and all the other fab guests. So big big thank yous to everyone over at Hallmark Channel for having me on 🙂
Second, because I’m jazzed for my friend Koko’s wedding this weekend! She’s going to be such a gorgeous bride and I can’t even wait to celebrate!
Third because I’m back in LA after a little over a week on the road. I had the best time, and have so much to share with you guys, but first we’ve got to talk about this Avocado, Burrata and Tomato Tartine. Sometimes this is dinner. Sometimes it’s lunch. And sometimes it’s breakfast. It’s acceptable for any meal of the day and I’ve decided that it’s perfectly okay to serve this for dinner at an actual dinner party.
Also because I feel like I should come clean. There is always fun, creative and mostly healthy food here for ya! And sometimes I am far to tired to whip up a whole meal for dinner and then the Avocado, Burrata and Tomato Tartine comes out. And the word tartine is just a fancy way of saying open faced sandwich. So there isn’t much to this other than a few key and fantastic ingredients. It’s filling. It will make you happy. And it has avocado.
Sometimes you’ve just got to have a quick fix for dinner – and this is the perfect solution. You could also add some some sliced tomatoes and basil if you want. Or a slice or two of cooked bacon. A dollop of pesto would be delicious too.
Let’s go for it.
All you’re going to need for this one is some of your favorite bread that you’ll throw into your toaster. Some ripe avocados, which seem to be in abundance in my kitchen at the moment because they are finally coming into season here in California and I feel like it is my civic duty to by at least 10 a week. And some burrata cheese. If you’re got a great Italian deli by your house, my guess is that they will carry some freshly made burrata for you. Otherwise it’s pretty available at your other markets. I think even Trader Joe’s has started to carry some!
Check out all of my favorite Avocado Toast inspired Breakfast Recipes:
Avocado, Burrata and Tomato Tartine
- 2 pieces thick cut whole wheat toast
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup burrata cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- Maldon salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Toast the 2 pieces of whole wheat toast until the bread is just golden brown.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a medium bowl and mash it with a fork and a squeeze of the fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide the mashed avocado on top of the 2 pieces of toast, followed by 1/4 cup of the burrata on top of each.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the tomatoes and saute for 3-4 minutes until they just start to burst. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute more until fragrant. Remove the tomatoes from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Add a few tomatoes on top of the burrata.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.