One of my favorite parts about the holidays is Baked Brie!
It’s an epic appetizer and I could seriously eat the entire wheel of brie in one sitting. But that’s the problem – it’s clearly not the best decision to eat an entire wheel of baked Brie, so I invented these crazy cute Baked Brie Fillo Shells with Fig Preserves! It’s essentially a mini baked Brie topped with my all time favorite preserve… Fig! Then I add a little sprig of thyme on top and an almond to give it a little more crunch! And that’s about it.
These are the easiest and most delectable appetizers for any kind of holiday party!
- 15 Mini Fillo Shells (1 package)
- 6 oz. brie cheese, about 1 wedge
- ¼ cup fig preserves
- ¼ cup whole almonds
- a few sprigs of thyme for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the Mini Fillo Shells from their plastic container and transfer them onto a small baking sheet.
- Break the brie into small pieces, about 1 teaspoon each, and place one in each shell.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 5 minutes, until the brie is just slightly starting to melt. You don’t want to over heat the brie as then it will be too loose.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully spoon a little dab of fig preserves on top of each piece of brie. Add an almond on top, and a few thyme leaves and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!