Hands down the most simple way to prepare fish – Baked Lemon Cod is the easiest weeknight meal!
Want to hear a confession? When I took my first ever job as a private chef I have absolutely ZERO idea how to make fish. I grew up not eating it, and we hadn’t get covered fish in culinary school, and the family I was cooking for were big time fish lovers. So after getting over my initial fear of cooking fish, I threw together the simplest recipe I could imagine. Lemon, butter, salt, paprika and a fish that you can’t easily mess up – Cod! The result was mind blowing and I impressed even myself! It’s been on regular rotation ever since and it’s the perfect lightened up main course that you can serve alongside some pesto broccoli, perhaps a bowl of garlic herb sweetpotato fries or even some spicy green beans
Baked Lemon Cod
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cod fillets 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons zested lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a shallow bowl, mix lemon juice and butter. In a separate shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then in flour mixture to coat both sides.
- Place the prepped fish in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Broil for the last 60 seconds to get a little bit of a golden crust.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon zest.