I’ve been dreaming of pasta dishes like this Balsamic Cream Brussels Sprouts Pasta ever since getting home from my last Sonoma trip with Williams-Sonoma and Fortessa!
We took the most incredible pasta course at the original Williams-Sonoma location and it’s been front of my mind ever since! I was a pasta kid, it was a daily occurrence for me – but these days I’m upping the ante a bit and it’s not just plain old garlic and buttered noodles! No way – todays all about this Balsamic Cream Brussels Sprouts Pasta that literally makes my heart sing and it’s the perfect (but easy way) to wow your fam!
Speaking of upping the ante with not too much effort – can we just discuss my love for all things Fortessa? Their simple white pieces grace the tables of restaurants, hotels and weddings and they are gorgeous, durable and I love that the simple whites really let the food shine. Their stemware is really making an impression on me too! I’m guilty of breaking wine glasses every time I try and wash them – but since switching over to Fortessa, there have been no such incidents!! (do I deserve a pat on the back for this?? Being smart enough to ditch the cheap stuff and switch over to Fortessa? Maybe. But either way, I’m happy!)
ALSO – if you wanted to re-create my Sonoma trip from last fall – there a major contest going on right now! Enter here for a chance to win a stay at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa in Sonoma Valley with Williams-Sonoma and Fortessa (plus a wine tasting Silver Oak – home of the most glorious cheese board)! It’s a dream trip – so fingers crossed you get to go! And in the meantime – bring a little bit of Sonoma home with you with this Balsamic Cream Brussels Sprouts Pasta!
Balsamic Cream Brussels Sprouts Pasta
- 8 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta diced
- ¼ cup shallot finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese plus a few tablespoons for garnish
- kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. While the pasta is cooking prepare the sauce.
- In a large pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once melted, add in the pancetta and shallots and cook for 4-5 minutes until the pancetta is slightly crispy and the garlic and shallots and saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the shaved brussels sprouts and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar and stir, making sure to scrape up all of the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Cook everything for about 3-4 minutes and then turn off the heat. Add in the cream and parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with extra parmesan cheese on top.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fortessa. The opinions and text are all mine.
<!– End Widget —>