This past week we reinstated our weekly dinner parties with 2 of my most favorite people… and I decided that I wanted to try something new and different so I picked this fabulous braised chicken dish that is packed full of fabulous flavors.
Doesn’t it just look so colorful and delicious! You can double or triple this recipe to suit you but here is what you need to serve 4…
- 4 chicken breasts
- 5 garlic cloves finely minced
- 4 to matoes roughly chopped
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Prep all of your vegetables and set them aside until you are ready for them. Next season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add 3 tbsp of olive oil to a large pan over medium high heat. Lightly brown both sides of the chicken breasts and then place them into a large baking dish.
- To prepare the marinade add the garlic to a small bowl with the remaining olive oil. Add in all of the spices and mix together. Then lightly brush the tops of all the chicken with 1/2 of the marinade. Add all of the prepped vegetables on top of the chicken and brush the rest of the marinade over the veggies. Carefully pour the chicken broth into the baking dish and the pop the dish into the oven for 1 hour until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are soft.
- Once done, remove from the oven and serve immediately. This dish goes great with a side of creamy polenta and a big spinach salad with a lemon vinaigrette!
Doesn’t that just look so colorful and delicious! And the marinade was just so flavorful… I could make this and eat it again right now 🙂