How is it possible I’ve gone this long in life without ever making Chicken Kefta Wraps?? Who am I?
Chicken Kefta Wraps are easily my new favorite meal. It’s basically meat on a stick wrapped up on a piece of Stonefire Naan with some Fattoush Salad and a sumac vinaigrette for good measure. It’s perfection if you ask me. The chicken mixture is made with ground chicken, zucchini, tons of herbs and a little tahini to give it some extra pizzaz. The Fattoush is something you’ve seen before – basically a salad with tons of veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, lettuce and fresh herbs. And the Sumac dressing is one for the record books (as most of my sauces are because I’m addicted to a good dressing or sauce.)
Everything gets piled high on a piece of flatbread and then served up for lunch or dinner. It’s extra perfect when you add a little homemade tzatziki on there too. It’s a great recipe to make for a crowd as everything gets to DIY when it’s time to eat! Enjoy!! xx
Chicken Kefta Wraps
- Garlic Stonefire Naan Bread
- 1 recipe Tzatziki
- 1-2 Avocados sliced
For the Kefta
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground chicken white or dark meat
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 12 small wooden skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes
For the Salad
- 2 heads baby lettuce or butter lettuce
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
For the Sumac Dressing
- 4 teaspoons ground sumac soaked in 4 teaspoons warm water for 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
For the Kefta
- Grate zucchini, combine with ½ teaspoon salt and let sit 5 minutes. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Mix together zucchini and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Divide the mixture into 12 pieces, then with damp hands, shape around 12 soaked skewers.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high, brush the kebabs with a bit of oil, then grill for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
For the Salad
- In a large bowl toss together the lettuce, green onions, tomatoes, cucumber, mint, and parsley.
For the Dressing
- In another smaller bowl, water with soaked sumac, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, garlic, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Whisk to combine and season with salt as needed.
- Combine the dressing with the salad and gently combine until lightly dressed. Place spoonfuls of salad on toasted Stonefire Naan and top with chicken kebabs and drizzle with dressing. Wrap and serve.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Marian Cooper Cairns / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
seriously amazing. Also presentation, amazing!
My mouth is watering over these wraps!
Oh, yum! These wraps look delicious!
Looks so fresh and amazing!
I have never had sumac before. I think I will give this a try over the weekend. It looks really tasty!
OMG- this looks so fantastic- I love the spices and that fresh salad with the grilled chicken.
Finally another use for the pomegranate molasses in my cabinet! I found the recipe time consuming but the results were worth it.
This Chicken Kefta recipe is so delicious! We opted to go lower carb by using the chicken as a topping for Gaby’s Fattoush Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette. We made the meat into small burgers rather than putting it on skewers, and it worked very well for our salads. Would definitely recommend this recipe!
We had this tonight and it was DELICIOUS! Even my picky child liked it.
O M G! This recipe was da BOMB!
These were a huge hit! Great flavor, easy mid week meal if you are prepped. Will say the Tzatziki sauce gave it that little extra, that really wowed everyone!
What is the yield in cups for 1 medium zucchini, grated?
I am in love with your site!!! Absolutely beautiful consistent presentation! Your access and display of recipes are so well thought out!
In a word: amazing. One of my favorite WGC recipes. I’ve done them wrap style and over rice and my family has loved them both ways. They call them Greek meatballs. Another WGC winner.
This is another one my 3 and 5 year olds ask for on a regular basis. Meat popsicles, what could be better? The recipe is so versatile, I’ve served it on rice or in pita as wraps. Tonight I was out of lettuce/tomato/cucumber but made the sumac dressing anyway and tossed it with celery, celery leaves, parsley, raw zucchini and feta cheese kind of like a slaw. Was lovely.
makes me so happy! thank you
Huge fan of WGC and LOVE this recipe! Have you ever tried baking the kefta instead of grilling?
I haven’t but it would totally work! Just wouldn’t be crispy on the outside
Seriously INCREDIBLE!!! So glad I finally tried it! Thanks Gaby!
Couldn’t find pomegranate molasses at my store. What’s a good substitute?
pom juice!!! theres a conversion online
Delicious!!! Just made it and my very picky family ate it all! The only modification I made was not to add the molasses to the dressing. It was really really good. Thank you!
Made this for my family last night and everyone raved about how good it was. Tasted delicious and very fresh. Definitely will make this dish again.
where can I find ground sumac ?? This looks amazing !
online or any spice store!! some grocery stores have it but not always
Love the recipes. Do you note nutrition?
Can’t seem to find.
Keep up the good work!
we don’t do nutrition info yet! hopefully sometime this year
What can i use instead of tahini ?
Can you make these into patties and grill them?
Hi Gaby! I love sumac but I’ve never heard of soaking it. What does that do?
what can i use instead of tahini ? sesame and nut allergies ! thank you
Didn’t make the vinaigrette, I didn’t have sumac on hand, substituted with Ken’s Simply Greek Dressing.
I substituted the tahini with peanut butter.
I doubled the recipe for lunches this week.
Husband gave it