How is it possible I’ve gone this long in life without ever making Chicken Kefta Wraps?? Who am I?
Chicken Kefta Wraps are easily my new favorite meal. It’s basically meat on a stick wrapped up on a piece of Stonefire Naan with some Fattoush Salad and a sumac vinaigrette for good measure. It’s perfection if you ask me. The chicken mixture is made with ground chicken, zucchini, tons of herbs and a little tahini to give it some extra pizzaz. The Fattoush is something you’ve seen before – basically a salad with tons of veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, lettuce and fresh herbs. And the Sumac dressing is one for the record books (as most of my sauces are because I’m addicted to a good dressing or sauce.)
Everything gets piled high on a piece of flatbread and then served up for lunch or dinner. It’s extra perfect when you add a little homemade tzatziki on there too. It’s a great recipe to make for a crowd as everything gets to DIY when it’s time to eat! Enjoy!! xx
Chicken Kefta Wraps
- Garlic Stonefire Naan Bread
- 1 recipe Tzatziki
- 1-2 Avocados sliced
For the Kefta
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground chicken white or dark meat
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 12 small wooden skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes
For the Salad
- 2 heads baby lettuce or butter lettuce
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
For the Sumac Dressing
- 4 teaspoons ground sumac soaked in 4 teaspoons warm water for 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
For the Kefta
- Grate zucchini, combine with ½ teaspoon salt and let sit 5 minutes. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Mix together zucchini and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Divide the mixture into 12 pieces, then with damp hands, shape around 12 soaked skewers.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high, brush the kebabs with a bit of oil, then grill for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
For the Salad
- In a large bowl toss together the lettuce, green onions, tomatoes, cucumber, mint, and parsley.
For the Dressing
- In another smaller bowl, water with soaked sumac, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, garlic, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Whisk to combine and season with salt as needed.
- Combine the dressing with the salad and gently combine until lightly dressed. Place spoonfuls of salad on toasted Stonefire Naan and top with chicken kebabs and drizzle with dressing. Wrap and serve.