Make a double batch of these sweet potato fries! They’ll go fast!
Happy Monday people!! We’re having a party today! Ya, you might think weekends are the time for parties, but Monday is the new Friday and we’re going to fiesta!
Why you ask?! Cause one of my food blogging friends, Liz from The Lemon Bowl, is having a BABY!!! And who doesn’t like to celebrate a little baby coming into the world! Bring on the Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries in honor of this celebration!
These Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries are dangerously addictive! And should we be having this party in real life, instead of online, I’m confident these fries wouldn’t even make it to the party because I would eat them all in my car. Sweet Potatoes are the best. Seriously. They are healthy, packed with tons of beta carotene and who doesn’t love a snack that is good for you and delicious.
So let’s all throw back a few handfuls of these suckers and give a big cheers to Liz on having another baby!!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup mayo
- 1 lemon, zested
- handful fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Peel the potatoes and then cut them into 1/4 inch matchsticks.
- Put the potato matchsticks and olive oil into a large plastic bag and zip it shut. Shake it up so the fries are evenly coated with olive oil. Add in the garlic powder, chipotle, paprika and salt and pepper and continue to shake.
- Lay the potatoes on the baking sheet, careful not to overcrowd the pan and they need room to roast. Use another baking sheet if needed.
- Place the fries into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, remove the fries from the oven and give them a shake or flip them to get the other side crispy. Place them back into the oven and bake for 15 minutes more or until they are crispy. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt as needed.
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the mayo, lemon zest and basil. Serve the fries with the dipping sauce.
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Cookin’ Canuck
- Greek Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Macarons by Chocolate & Carrots
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Chips by Seeded at the Table
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!