These Chocolate Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramels Blondies are game changers! If you’re craving a soft, gooey, blondie with hints of butterscotch and chocolate, well, you’ve come to the right place!
Today we are making Chocolate Butterscotch Salted Caramels Blondies. They are gonna BLOW YOUR MIND. And I don’t say that lightly.
You know when you go shopping and you find something that you’re fairly certain is going to change your life? And then you get home and open whatever it is up, and pop a few of them in your mouth, and realize that HOLY MOLY your life really did change right in front of your eyes. Get ready…
Recently I was at Trader Joe’s, somewhere I visit way too frequently and saw these Chocolate Covered Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramels sitting by the checkout stand. I had a sweet tooth at the moment (when do I not?) and figured I’d grab a bag and snack on them over the next week. WRONG. I got home, ate them all in one day, and went BACK to TJ’s and bought 7 more bags. Clearly it was the beginning of an obsession. And it’s just escalated from there.
I ate the first few bags just plain, because that’s what I do. Pop a few in my mouth between commercial breaks while watching TV at night. Just doing my thang, don’t judge 🙂
I then decided that it was probably a good idea to bake with these little nuggets and fold them into some blondies to make Chocolate Butterscotch Salted Caramels Blondies. Well, let’s just say this. It’s been one of my best ideas yet. Hands down, I like these more than my slutty brownies. And that’s saying something.
If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, can you substitute with equal parts chocolate chips and butterscotch chips! It’s a win win situation.
What’s the difference between a blondie and a brownie you ask?
Blondies resemble that of a traditional brownie, but instead of using cocoa powder and white sugar, you use vanilla and brown sugar. Blondies are made from flour, brown sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla. Some may contain walnuts or pecans but I also go for chocolate chips of some sort!
PS – are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What’s Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
Chocolate Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramels Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Covered Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the brown sugar and mix with a whisk until well combined. Remove the pot from the heat and add the vanilla and eggs, whisking constantly until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients into the pot and slowly mix until just combined. The batter will be a bit stiff, but that's normal. Fold in the Chocolate Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramels.
- Spray a 9x9 baking pan or line it with parchment paper. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking sheet and transfer it into the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Once the blondie brownies have baked, remove them from the oven and let cool for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.