Before we buckle down and start our cleanses and “clean eating” resolutions, let’s make some pancakes. Am I right or what? I mean we’ve got precious hours before Jan 1st rolls around and I intend to take advantage of it. I’m still up in Seattle at my parents house and that means one thing – dad still makes me breakfast. I’ve opted for grilled cheeses the past few days because dad seriously makes the best grilled cheese on earth (complete with lots of pepperjack cheese) but today we decided to up the ante and make Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Pancakes. I mean it’s my last day up here, so it’s go big or go home. Or in my case, go big and then go home.
We whipped up these Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Pancakes with my all time favorite Sour Cream on the planet. It’s so thick and flavorful and it puts other sour creams to shame. I basically love anything that comes from Green Valley Organics for many reasons, but one prominent being that they use on the highest quality of ingredients for all their products. And that makes me very happy.
So off we went to whip up some super fluffy pancakes. We threw in chocolate chips because we’ve all got a sweet tooth and threw on some super high quality maple syrup for good measure.
20 minutes later, breakfast was ready and we were all digging in! So here you go… just in time for the weekend… make these for your fam and they’ll love ya forever!!
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups AP flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Whisk the milk, sour cream, eggs, butter, and vanilla smooth.
- Stir in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until the dry ingredients are incorporated and the batter is smooth and all lumps are gone.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat and coat it with non-stick spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the pan. Watch for the pancake to form bubbles around the edges of the pancake and then gently flip the pancake over and cook for about 45 seconds more until both sides are just slightly golden.
- Repeat this process for the remaining batter, spraying new non-stick spray before each pancake. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!