There aren’t many things in life that are better than a Chocolate Chip Cookie except for maybe a Chocolate Chip Cookie stuffed with even more Chocolate Chips!! I know right?!? It’s pretty genius. And this newly developed cookie stuffing obsession of mine might become a problem down the road. I mean imagine all the possibilities…
I made these this week after getting back from a famous wedding in Tucson, AZ. One of my best friends in the entire world got married and had the most amazing and beautiful wedding ever. To top off the entire evening, there was a large tray with chocolate chip cookies by the gelato bar and they had my name all over it! I could hear it calling me all the way from the dance floor. So after I had burned off enough calories on the dance floor, I made my way over to the dessert area and helped myself to some of the most decadent chocolate chip cookies ever. Hence the inspiration for these chocolate chip stuffed cookies.
After making the dough, and scooping it onto a parchment lined baking sheet you add a healthy dose of chocolate chips on top…
and the scoop another piece of dough on top and cover it up. Make sure you close off all the sides so none of the chocolate seeps out…
and then when you’re done you will have what looks like a delicious chocolate chip cookie but once you break into it there will be an extra delicious chocolate surprise!
Chocolate Chip Stuffed Cookies
- 8 oz unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 oz chocolate chips plus 1 cup of Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixer, combine the softened butter and brown sugar with a whisk attachment. Let whisk for 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking soda, sea salt and baking powder and slowly combine, making sure not to over-mix the batter. Add 10oz of chocolate chips and combine. Refrigerate batter for 1 hour.
- Using a 1 inch scoop, scoop 12 cookies onto each parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon press down on each of the cookie balls. Add a few chocolate chips into the middle of the cookie dough. Scoop another cookie dough ball on top and press down on the sides so no chocolate chips are showing. Transfer sheets into over and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies just slightly turn a golden brown color on the edges but are still soft and chewy in the middle. Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack. Repeat process for remaining dough.