There is nothing, I mean nothing, better than fresh farmers market corn. Okay maybe a great bowl of guacamole is better but nonetheless fresh corn at the peak of its season is amazing. Its sweet and crunchy and works really well with lots of different proteins. I made this Corn and Roasted Red Pepper Salad this past weekend for a big dinner party I did. It was served with grilled chicken and it was a total hit! Not only did it have fresh farmers market corn but also, roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, basil, parsley and little buffalo mozzarella balls. It was delish! I wanted to lick the bowl, but I was working, and I don’t think everyone wanted to see their chef licking the dishes. I dunno. Just a thought.
This is also great the next day if you happen to have any leftovers. The flavors are even more bold once they have been sitting in the fridge hanging out for a bit. This is my go-to summer side dish recipe. I love the simplicity, healthfulness and the freshness that it provides.
Corn and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 3 red bell peppers roasted and diced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup fresh buffalo mozzarella cut into small bite sized pieces
- 4 tbsp fresh basil chiffonade
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 3 chili peppers finely chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- Remove the corn from the husk and transfer kernels into a large bowl. Add the roasted red bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, parsley and chili pepper and toss. Add the white wine vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Serve as a side dish or as a salad under a piece of chicken or fish.