This is not a slutty brownie.
In fact this is quite opposite of a slutty brownie.
This is a Cowboy Caviar Chopped Salad. And it’s pretty much the salad of my dreams.
You know how sometimes you just happen to overindulge a bit too much. Well that was basically me this weekend. And now I’m craving some healthy, bright, fresh food. And this Cowboy Caviar Chopped Salad solves pretty much all my problems. Except for what freaking color to pick for my bridesmaids dresses. You see, I’m thinking of just picking a color and then having all my fabulous friends pick whatever dress they want in that color. That way everyone gets to wear something that fits their body and that they might actually wear again. Because let’s be honest… some of those bridesmaid dresses will forever be stuffed in the back of my closet. So you see, now I have to pick a color. And it’s tough. What do you think? Coral? Pink? Black? Neutrals? I need your help here guys!
Okay, back to the salad.
It’s full of a few of my favorite veggies, black beans, red peppers, roasted corn and of course guacamole. And I’m sure I don’t even need to explain for love for guacamole. Let’s just say that I’m obsessed with everything avocado.
Not only is this loaded Cowboy Caviar Chopped Salad healthy, but it takes only a few minutes to throw together and sometimes, that’s exactly what I need after a long day of cooking for my clients.
You can use pretty much any of my guacamole recipes to top this salad. There is a whole assortment on them here to choose from. Pretty much you can’t go wrong with any of them… Guacamole Central! I’m just gonna go out there and say that the goat cheese guacamole would be particularly awesome in this salad. Just saying.
Here’s the recipe…
Cowboy Caviar Chopped Salad
- 1 cup roasted corn
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 heads romaine lettuce outer leaves discarded, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1 cup guacamole recipe above
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- Toss together the roasted corn, black beans, red bell pepper, and romaine lettuce. Set aside.
- Prepare the guacamole. (recipe above) and set aside
- Combine the cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and honey in a blender or food processor and blend for 60 seconds until everything is well combines.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad, a little bit at a time until properly dressed. Season with extra salt and pepper as needed. Top with guacamole and serve.