Happy hump day folks! I’m pumped for numerous reasons today!
1: I’ve got a new video for ya and it’s one of my all time favorite summer side dishes, Cowboy Caviar.
2: I’m spending the day with my aunt and uncle and cousins out in Virginia doing some fun and fabulous things. I only get to see this part of my family about once a year, which is seriously not enough, but when I do get to see them, it always makes me happy.
3: I’ve got a new party nail and it gives me a lot of joy. I realize how weird this is, but it’s the small things people. Those make me the happiest.
4: Next week I’m heading to Michigan and I plan to eat my body weight in cherries. That’s totally normal right?
5: I’ve been making this fav side dish of mine like popcorn recently. It’s the go-to dish of the week here at the WGC kitchen and I can’t get enough. I even went so far as to bring a mason jar full of Cowboy Caviar on the plane today so I could have a healthy and nutritious lunch sometime and somewhere over the middle of the country as I flew out to the East Coast.
6: I think today is my lucky day and my arm is FINALLY going to stop throbbing with pain. I got a boat load of shots on Monday to prep for my Africa trip in a few weeks and it feels like someone took a baseball bat to my upper right arm and went to town. (More on the Africa trip this weekend!)
7: Thursday I’m going to be spending the day with the fine folks over at Sabra and eating a whole lotta hummus and other awesome things. It’s bound to get messy and awesome. I can’t wait.
8: My sister’s moving to Austin in 1 week. And while I’m really excited for her, I’m also super excited that I get to go visit her and overstay my welcome on a regular basis. Sister of the year award – right here!
9: Breaking Bad starts in less than 1 month people. LESS THAT ONE MONTH. Yes, I’m yelling. I’m freaking STOKED.
10: I ran out of things to say. So I’ll leave ya with my latest video on WGC for Cowboy Caviar! It’s my fav side dish and it’s loaded with corn, red bell peppers, black beans, red onions, cilantro and AVOCADO!!! It’s gonna rock your face off and you’re going to be equally as obsessed as I am with it. You should totally make it tonight and serve it alongside some grilled chicken, or fish. Kthanksbye.
and here’s the handy dandy printable:
Vegetarian Cowboy Caviar
- 2 cups fresh corn cut off the cob
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 avocado cut into small pieces
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, bell pepper, and sauté for about 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the sautéed vegetables, red onion, avocado and black beansand gently mix.
- Juice the lemon over the vegetable mixture and stir in the chopped cilantro and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed and spoon into mason jars to serve. This salad can be served warm, chilled or at room temperature.